Javier Beltran, who runs Carlton’s office in Madrid, and who has recently closed 14 Spanish transactions will be in London the week of June 19th and we would like to meet with you.
Javier runs Carlton’s Northern European practice and is one of the top investment bankers in Europe having participated in billions of euros of European transactions separate and apart from the 14 deals closed at Carlton within the last couple of years. We would like to meet with you to discuss assisting you in maximizing the value of your European assets either through an investment sale and/or debt or equity raise.
A brief summary of certain of the recent closed Spanish transactions hereby follows:
- MADRID LARGE INDUSTRIAL ASSET SALE – Carlton Spain, as the exclusive advisor to a highly regarded and reputable family-owned Spanish real estate developer, sold a logistic asset located in Corredor del Henares (Madrid – Guadalajara). This is a high quality and well preserved asset with a total constructed area of over 17,000 sqm without physical separation and 12 meters of total height (10.6m of free height). The asset has good access conditions through 6 ramps, exceeding 100 parking spaces and a small office and is situated on approximately 27,000 sqm of land. The transaction closed with an international off-the-radar private investor and was structured and closed in record time (2 months between the exclusive appointment of Carlton and the closing of the deal). Carlton Group provided a complete service acting as financial advisor to the seller of the asset, bringing the final buyer to the transaction and advising throughout the entire due diligence and documentation process.
- €80 MILLION EQUITY & DEBT FINANCING FOR EUROPEAN HOTEL CONVERSION – We raised an €80 million high leverage financing for the acquisition and refurbishment of an existing asset to be converted into a prime luxury hotel in a major European city. This recapitalization was completed with two major local banks which provided the financing on very favorable terms. Moreover, this was accomplished with the asset having virtually no cash flow and the financing was primarily based on the borrower’s pro-forma business plan.
- COSTA DEL SOL MIXED-USE – We acted as the exclusive financial and real estate advisor to a major U.S. opportunity fund in the sale of their 600,000 sf, 430-unit hotel and tourist apartment complex in the Costa Del Sol city of Estepona. The transaction was completed in record time considering the complexity of the asset. Moreover, the owner had a high basis in this asset which necessitated Carlton to facilitate premium pricing for this asset.
- CLASS A MULTI-FAMILY APARTMENTS IN MARBELLA – Carlton Europe, as the exclusive advisor to a large Spanish developer, sold a portfolio of apartments within a luxury golf resort in the resort area of Marbella as well as arranging the very favorable acquisition financing which included two years I/O.
- BARCELONA OFFICE BUILDING SALE – Carlton Spain was the advisor on the sale of a large, prominent office building in the Barcelona CBD to a major Italian core fund. Carlton exclusively represented one of the largest and most distinguished family offices in Spain on the sale of this prestigious asset. The 131,000 sf office asset was sold for a very beneficial cap rate for the owner. Moreover, Carlton was able to achieve this execution because aside from accessing an off-the-radar out-of-country buyer, Carlton also lined up seven year, interest only, non-recourse first mortgage at an amazingly low 1.40% margin spread which facilitated the transaction.
- MADRID OFFICE BUILDING SALE – Carlton Spain was the advisor on the sale of a large, prominent office building in Madrid CBD to a Mexican institutional investor on its first real estate deal in Spain. Carlton exclusively represented one of the largest and most distinguished office developers in Spain on the sale of this representative office asset. The asset was sold for a very beneficial cap rate for the owner. Moreover, Carlton was able to achieve this superb execution because aside from accessing an off-the-radar out-of-country buyer, Carlton also lined up non-recourse first mortgage at a low margin spread and large average life which facilitated the acquisition.
- Westin Valencia Hotel in Spain – On behalf of one of Spain’s largest financial institutions, as its exclusive advisor, we accessed and closed a large German family office to acquire this beautiful, boutique hotel asset in Valencia, Spain.
I think it would be a good use of your time to meet with Javier and get a feeling of what is going on in Spain and Northern Europe and how our services can benefit you.